Madulsima – Madolsima Sri Lanka – A Must Visit Place
Do you want to get rid of this busy life and travel somewhere with peace? Then Maduslima is the perfect place to enjoy your holiday to the best. If you are someone who loves adventure, then you can try hiking in Madulsima and camping in Maduslima. Madulsima is a beautiful small village situated in the Uva province of Sri Lanka. Madulsima World’s end is famous among adventure lovers.
This article will provide you everything you need to know about Madulsima in brief.
Madulsima has been situated above approximately 700m – 1000m from the sea level. The elevation of the mountain is nearly about 383m. The scenic mountain is in Roeberry Estate, Madulsima plantations plc which produce unique seasonal tea. Madulsima’s world’s end is also considered as Pitamaruwa world’s end which you can find within the end of the state.
How to Access
If you are planning to travel Madulsima by bus,
- Take Colombo – Badulla 99 route bus (approximately 7-8 hours)
- Then from Badulla take the bus to Pitamaruwa from Badulla (approximately 3-4 hours)
- Get down from the 30th-mile post
- Take a 1.1.km walk from there to the location
- You will find a footpath with a summer hut on your left
- Follow the footpath which leads to Madulsima Worlds’ end
The good news is if you wish to visit here for one day just to see the location, you have three hours to enjoy. You can catch the same bus departing around 1 pm from Badulla. Make sure to inform the conductor that you are coming back. They will wait for 2-3 minutes for you.
Travel Tips to Know Before Go Madulsima
- Try to catch the earliest bus to Pitamaruwa (7.00 am from Badulla)
- Make sure to bring leech protection
- Carry enough food and water as no shop is available closeby
- Madulsima town is the last town to buy your all requirements on your way.
- Beware of the Bees
- Have a rain cover to the tents
- Make sure to carry a raincoat (Madulsima temperature tend to be low due to highest elevation and rainfall can be expected anytime)
- There are water streams which are consumable if you wish to not carry water a lot
- Wake up at the earliest to experience the amazing blue hour view which might not last long
- Please do not carry plastic and polythene
- Make sure not to walk around in the night
if you would like to know more interesting places please click here.
Photo credits – Mohemed Mifras
3,165 total views, 5 views today